Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dear Governor, from Topeka, Kansas

I want to urge you to carve out long-term I/DD care services from KanCare.  My name is Erin Roberts and I am a concerned Kansan who has worked in the field of supporting Kansans with developmental disabilities for over 7 years.  As a marketing coordinator, I will admit I am no expert, but I know enough to understand that KanCare is not a good fit for the long-term services provided to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

Long-term care services such as assisting persons with developmental disabilities to find (and maintain) jobs in the community, or providing residential assistance to help persons live independently are simply not services that should be managed by an insurance company.  These insurance companies lack experience and understanding of the non-medical services that help persons with I/DD live independent and meaningful lives!

Please, Governor, don't experiment with the care of Kansans with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Carve out long-term I/DD care services from KanCare today.

Sincerely,
Erin Roberts
Concerned Topekan

No comments:

Post a Comment